Friday, January 27, 2006

Rody



I ran into Rody at Richard's house recently. I was handed a hot toddy in a kyewt mug with what I believe was his likeness. Hmmmmm...he looked familiar, but I didn't know his name. You know what that means: let the compulsive researching begin.

These lovable little horsies are children's toys. From the '80s. Push Rody's little rubber feet into a base and he's a rocking horse, take him off the base and he's for hopping around the house on. Sweeeeet. Check it here (so much kyewter than pukey yoga balls...speaking of which, when's Murakami gonna lace one?)

The Japanese have gotten their kyewt-loving paws all over the Rody license (from Italy, I think) and now churn out phone charms (seen here), Pyrex ware and all sorts of Rodyproducts.

I love the heart on his head and his little spotted sides.

When I was little I used to make myself sick on the Sit 'n' Spin. I also had a big horse, like a carousel horse on a frame with springs that sister would wil' out on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great work!
[url=http://mmdmdjet.com/xaqt/cbis.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://volyvgmz.com/mbmz/fpcr.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Well done!
My homepage | Please visit