Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Guitar


My neighborhood friend, Nutenti brought my guitar back tonight. I let him borrow it indefinitely after he spotted it lying in a corner behind some stacks of crap at my house, dusted it off and began jamming. I figured hey, why let it go to waste? I wasn't playing it. In fact, I had only strummed it once or twice since acquiring it (I swapped it for a copy of Photoshop) long ago, maybe 1996, the Williamsburg days. Anyway, the only thing I know how to play is the three or so chords that make up "Doll Parts" by Hole.

But lately...I've been having alterna-folk-rock fantasies, I keep telling Richard and Sean we should start an early '90s cover band, and I'm revisiting lots of good music that involves plenty of guitar.

AND, more importantly, I'm QUITTING SMOKING. So it's good to keep the nimble Chinese fingers busy with something more productive than lifting ciggy to lips.

No comments: