Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Parkinson's Unity Walk


Kyewt isn't necessarily happy. Sometimes kyewt can be tender, heartfelt, even sad. Kyewt is simply a pulling, strumming at the heartstrings that can come in many forms.

Take for instance, this photo that I snapped at the Unity Walk in Central Park to raise money and awareness for the fight against Parkinson's Disease. This little boy and his touching sign (it says "I miss my dad's mom") is kyewt to the max. My daddy has that pesky Parkinson's.....it's sad, sure, but we keep on keepin' on. So last weekend, with the sun shining, we took to the park with dad's exercise group, the Westchester Hokey Pokeys and had a ball. Janet Reno was there, Michael J. Fox and Laila Ali (for her dad) too.

1 comment:

moe said...

aw. this is sad and sweet.
sorry about influentials list. It got pared down I guess. Lots of mine didn't make and K-france got totally squashed. Annoying. see you soon I hope