Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Tiny Sweatpants That Rule


I'm a Hi-Low fashion gal. I like to mix it up. Gimme some Lanvin and gimme some Target. Ebay dress and Wolford tights. Whatever works. I like to think I can make anything look like a million bucks. Ha! Certainly, Bodhi can.

As I get back into blogging for Kyewt, as a mom, you'll find, not surprisingly, that I am a highly opinionated baby clothes shopper. There's a lot of bad out there (most of what's at Macy's, Izod, Hurley and other big brand bullshit, think obnoxious screen prints and poor construction) and lots of good out there (surely your kid is going to look terrific of you're only hitting baby row on upper Madison Avenue). But as Autumn has blown in, I have come to the realization that all of those $90 pants (vertical baby wale cords, sweet gathered styles with piping, fancy jeans) from last year don't fit the boy anymore. Doy. His legs have gone from beetle to grasshopper. Not to mention he's not being carried around like a tiny pocketbook these days! He's a rough and tumble toddler, sloshing in the sandbox and jumping at Gymboree. He needs sweats. Cheap, cute sweats. I found them at Kmart. They're perfect, from the thickness of the fleece to the elastic ankles. And the don't say OLD NAVY or BABY GAP (so annoying). They say nothing and they are divine. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh and they cost $4. Get them here.

I know Kmart's shitty and there are consequences to buying cheap goods and it's bad for the planet and for the USA and the universe but you're gonna have to excuse me this time. Sorry.

No comments: